Should You Schedule Emergency Drain Cleaning Services?
Water damage can occur from a variety of plumbing problems, including water backups and pooling water. Fort Lauderdale homeowners should monitor their plumbing systems to make sure that they're operating smoothly and should contact a trusted plumbing company like CEC Plumbing for emergency drain cleaning services at the first sign of trouble.
If you require the assistance of an experienced plumber, don't hesitate to schedule emergency drain cleaning services with CEC Plumbing, a Fort Lauderdale plumbing company with the expert knowledge and skill to fix even the toughest plumbing problems.
6 Reasons to Call Your Plumber ASAP
- Cloudy or Colored Water - The water flowing through your home's pipes should be clear, so if you notice a change in color or opacity in the water pouring from your faucets, scheduling emergency drain cleaning services might be appropriate. Colored water indicates a problem in your water supply that could present a safety hazard to your household. Green or blue water suggests that your copper pipes are corroding, and brown or yellow water reveals an excess of iron in the water.
- Pooling Water - Standing water at the base of your toilet, under your sink, or in your shower illustrates a drainage problem that should be addressed by an experienced plumber promptly.
- Bad Smells - Unpleasant smells emanating from your plumbing system could be a sign of a blockage. This sewer gas will continue to accumulate until the clog is resolved, so immediate attention is required, especially in the hotter months of the year when bad smells become exacerbated. Try flushing the drain with hot water, and if the smell remains, reach out to your local plumbing company for assistance.
- Gurgling & Bubbling Noises - Clogged drains cause the water flowing through your pipes to change course throughout the plumbing system, and gurgling and bubbling sounds suggest that the water flow is restricted.
- Fruit Flies - A sudden onslaught of fruit flies in your home is a clue that food waste is building up in your kitchen drain, and drain cleaning services are recommended to eliminate these pests.
- Clogs & Backups - Minor clogs can turn into major backups quickly, so contacting your plumbing company at the first sign of a blockage in your plumbing system is essential to prevent water damage in your home. A small blockage is much easier to resolve and less expensive than a water backup, so it's in your best interest to request emergency drain cleaning services from a skilled plumber. Additionally, you should request professional services if your plumbing system experiences frequent clogs because this pattern could indicate a main sewer clog, which is a severe complication.